Cashmere is the ultimate luxury yarn that adds a touch of refinement and elegance to any wardrobe. It is known for its exceptional softness, warmth, and durability, making it a must-have for those that value timeless style.
This special yarn is valued for its natural breathability and moisture-wicking properties making it perfect for all seasons, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the spring.
Cashmere is also hypoallergenic, a great option for those with sensitive skin. The yarn is also very durable, so it can last for many seasons, becoming softer and more comfortable over time. The unique texture of cashmere adds a touch of elegance to any outfit, whether it's a casual look or a formal one.
Laing has curated a collection that showcases the timelessness and versatility of this luxurious fabric, from the classic black cashmere sweater to fashion silhouettes.
We take pride in our commitment to sustainability, our cashmere is sourced ethically and responsibly. Cashmere goats can thrive in harsh climates, where other animals cannot survive, and their fibres can be harvested without harming the animal. We ensure that we only work with yarn mills that source from herders that are accountable for social and environmental performance as well as the health of their herd.
Our yarn is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 Certified meaning that has been tested for harmful substances.
To ensure your cashmere remains looking beautiful, here are a few tips to follow:
- Avoid hanging your cashmere as it can stretch out of shape. Instead, fold it flat.
- Allow your cashmere to rest between wears by leaving it untouched for a few days, so the fibres can relax and breathe.
- If it needs a little pressing to remove wrinkles, iron it on the reverse side on a low setting with a gentle steam.
- When storing between seasons, always ensure that you wash first and place cedar balls or lavender close to your garment to prevent moths from eating the fibre creating holes.
- Cashmere, like all wool, does not need to be washed frequently. The fibres do not retain odours and over-washing can cause damage. Instead, simply airing your garment after wearing it will keep it feeling fresh.
- Do not wear cross body bags, sharp jewellery or jackets with rough lining that may encourage balling (known as piling) of the yarn.
- If piling does occur, in areas of higher friction, simply use a cashmere comb to remove the small balls of fibre.
Cashmere is a delicate fabric that requires special care when washing. Here are some general guidelines for washing cashmere:
Use a mild detergent specifically formulated for delicate fabrics or a mild wool wash. Baby Shampoo is also a great alternative. Avoid using regular laundry detergents, as they can be too harsh for cashmere.
Fill a sink or basin with cool water and add the detergent. Gently submerge the cashmere item and gently agitate the water to create suds.
Let the cashmere soak for about 10-15 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly with cool water.
Gently press out excess water by rolling in a towel, but do not wring or twist the cashmere.
Lay the cashmere flat to dry, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Do not hang the cashmere as it will stretch and lose its shape.
If you are not sure about the care instructions simply contact us for more information.