why wear cashmere?
Cashmere is the ultimate luxury fabric that adds a touch of refinement and elegance to any wardrobe. It is known for its exceptional softness, warmth, and durability, making it a must-have for the fashion-conscious individual.
Our cashmere is carefully crafted to offer unparalleled comfort and style. Its natural breathability and moisture-wicking properties make it perfect for all seasons, keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the spring.
Our cashmere is also hypoallergenic, making it a great option for those with sensitive skin. The fabric is also very durable, so it can last for many seasons, becoming softer and more comfortable over time. The unique texture of cashmere adds a touch of elegance to any outfit, whether it's a casual look or a formal one.
Laing has curated a collection that showcases the timelessness and versatility of this luxurious fabric, from the classic black cashmere sweater to fashion silhouettes.
We take pride in our commitment to sustainability, our cashmere is sourced ethically and responsibly. Cashmere goats can thrive in harsh climates, where other animals cannot survive, and their fibres can be shorn without harming the animal.
Cashmere is a truly special fabric that adds a touch of luxury and refinement to any wardrobe. Its softness, warmth, and durability make it a pleasure to wear, while its unique texture elevates any outfit.
To ensure your cashmere remains looking beautiful, here are a few tips to follow:
- Avoid hanging your cashmere as it can stretch out of shape. Instead, fold it flat.
- Allow your cashmere to rest between wears by leaving it untouched for a few days, so the fibers can relax and breathe.
- If it needs a little pressing to remove wrinkles, iron it on the reverse side on a low setting with a gentle steam.
- When storing between seasons, always ensure that you wash first and place cedar balls or lavender close to your garment to prevent moths from eating the fibre creating holes.
- Cashmere, like all wool, does not need to be washed frequently. The fibres do not retain odors and over-washing can damage the natural fibres. Instead, simply airing your garment after wearing it will keep it feeling fresh.
Cashmere is a delicate fabric that requires special care when washing. Here are some general guidelines for washing cashmere:
Use a mild detergent specifically formulated for delicate fabrics or a mild wool wash. Avoid using regular laundry detergents, as they can be too harsh for cashmere.
Fill a sink or basin with cool water and add the detergent. Gently submerge the cashmere item and gently agitate the water to create suds.
Let the cashmere soak for about 10-15 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly with cool water.
Gently press out excess water, but do not wring or twist the cashmere.
Lay the cashmere flat to dry, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Do not hang the cashmere as it will stretch and lose its shape.
If you are not sure about the care instructions or the item is labeled "Dry Clean Only" then it is best to dry clean it.